I have learned a lot of things in this class, and I feel like I my goals have been met this semester. I have found out that I like blogging as a means of self reflection. I have been a journaler off and on through my adult years, but blogging allows me to journal in a more professional way and to use photos, videos, and illustrations to express what I am thinking about. I learned how to use Google Slides to make a "choose your own destiny" book activity. I learned how to use Google Forms to make a quiz. I used Nearpod to make a social media activity for students. I enjoyed learning about Edpuzzle, because you can crop video where necessary and add questions or small quizzes for students. Below is a small listing of the apps that I would use in my own classroom.
- Nearpod
- Google Forms
- Edpuzzle
- Google slides (not just for slideshows)
- Blogger (for student classroom blogs)
- IMovie
I still have the same feeling about technology in the classroom as I did coming into this class. I still feel that teachers should only use technology sparingly, and only when it can enhance or improve a lesson. I feel that teachers should always have a plan B in case something about the technology or software doesn't work. These tools are all well and good, but they can't cover up for shoddy instruction.
But I do feel like technology can be used to meet students on their level. Since students are using technology in their private lives anyway, I feel like a good teacher could integrate tech into the classroom to help keep them engaged and to teach them real world tech skills that they will use later. As we saw earlier in the semester, there are apps on Android or IOS that teachers could actually request students to download and use in the classroom on their own devices.
Overall, this is one of the most practical courses that I have taken in my masters program, and I feel that I have learned skills that I will use on a day-to-day basis.
Image from TeachHUB

No comments:
Post a Comment